Don't Burn Anything From The Cashew Family It Can Kill You!

One of the first things you need to think of before you ever start a fire is what exactly you are planning on burning. As you may know White Birch Bark and other dry hard woods are great for starting a fire. Other plants though, like the Cashew Plants or Anacardium occidentale give off toxic gases when set ablaze. There have been numerous reports of throat irritation, naseau, vomiting, unusual fatigue, blindness and even death. Never under any circumstances burn cashew plants or any type of plant from the Anacardium family which is the same family that has poison ivy and poison oak in it!
Cashew plants aren't all bad though, not only do they make a tasty treat when processed correctly, but their seeds can be ground up into a powder and used for snake bites! The nature oils in the nuts can also be used to heal cracked heels.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

Identifying Poison Ivy And Poison Oak

Poison Ivy or toxicodendron quercifolium and Poison Oak can be found in many woodsy areas throughout The United States. If you come in contact with one of these plants the symptoms will appear within 3-24 hours, but can show up even days later. It varies by person, the size of the plant and the season of the year. Spring and summer are the times of greatest potential for poisoning. Symptoms are itchiness, skin inflammation, swelling and the formation of blisters. Avoid this plant at all costs...

Poison Oak or toxicodendron quercifolium is very similar to Poison Ivy but looks a bit different and frequently climbs up trees or walls. Poison Oak is a perennial shrub like Poison Ivy, so it needs to be completely removed from the ground to keep it from coming back every year. Here are a couple pictures of the plant and it's damaging effects...

Also beware of the deadliest fish in the world, to find out click here.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

search for more tips here